As early childhood educators, it is our job to help shape the future of the little ones in our programs. With this obviously comes teaching them. We want them to be successful in school and lay a strong foundation starting in preschool. But something I'm also pretty passionate about, is teaching and showing these little ones how to be GOOD people. In a world that can be pretty ugly, and in home lives that we don't know much about, we know that they are seeing the yuck of the world. I want to make sure that in addition to leaving my program ready for kindergarten, that they are leaving my program knowing how to be a kind, honest, and caring little human. This quote has always been one that I have hanging in my office. It's a good reminder of what we want to SHOW them through our actions with others, as well as what I hope they remember when they leave us.
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
The adjourning stage of team development is the final stage. It is the final wrap up, the time for evaluation, recognition, and sometimes th...
-
Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: Internationally UNICEF- The first thing that I noticed on this website was this very simple but SO meaning ...
-
The name of “your” family’s country of origin: Peru At least five ways in which you will prepare yourself to be culturally responsive towar...

No comments:
Post a Comment